Cybersafety at John Fawkner College
Cybersmart is a national cybersafety and cybersecurity education program managed by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), as part of the Australian Government’s commitment to cybersafety.
The program is specifically designed to meet the needs of its target audiences of children, young people, parents, teachers and library staff.
John Fawkner College has committed to support and encourage participation in the Cybersmart Program by:
- Providing information and education which empowers children to be safe online.
- Incorporating the program into our staff professional learning.
- Building in cybersafety and cybersecurity to our Year 7 Transition Program and our Pastoral care and HPE curriculum.
- Providing Outreach programs developed by ACMA for parents, staff and students (specific events will be advertised separately) in conjunction with the Australian Federal Police.
- Please take the time to have a look at the completely updated Cybersmart website for Kids, Teens, Schools and especially Parents at http://www.cybersmart.gov.au